Saturday, June 16, 2012

tuna salad made healthier!

Tuna is pretty healthy for you but I have an issue eating it straight for some reason.  Today I was craving tuna salad.....but traditional tuna salad has so many calories and lots of fat from using mayo.  I made a version today using plain, lowfat greek yogurt in the place of the mayo.  It totally satisfied my craving and didn't sabotage my good eating habits for the day.  Win-Win!

Here is what I used based on what I had at home.  You could make it even better nutritionally by adding fresh herbs, shredded carrots or diced celery, avocado, cucumber, just about any veggie!

tuna
green onions (from my garden!!)
small amount of relish
plain, lowfat greek yogurt
small amount of mustard
salt/pepper to taste

I loaded it on top of a piece of toasted Ezekial Bread.  Tasty!!  A huge side of watermelon was the perfect compliment on this hot, summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment