Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Last month I had a goal to make it on the "top 35 in weight lifted" list at the gym.  I am proud to announce that I made #28!  I lifted 81,000 pounds last month and it really wasn't that hard.  There was only one week where I cranked the weights and got sore but that was a good thing because I'm pretty sure my body had reached a plateau.

Other good news from recent...... I PASSED THE AFAA GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR TESTS!!!  I got the news less than 2 weeks from the date of the tests.  (So glad I didn't have to wait 4-6 weeks!!)  Now, I need to get a job.  I also took a ViPR Certification this month.  Fitness Certification days are so long and tiring.... I am hoping the hard work pays off soon.

I've made great buddies at the gym and that keeps me motivated.  There are days that I would really rather sleep in (not that Avery would let me).  Having friends at the gym makes me more likely to get my butt out of bed and get motivated.

I am starting to see great results.  I haven't really lost weight because I have built so much muscle.  (Flexing picture to come. haha.)  My clothes are fitting much better though and I can tell that my cardio is improving.  I can run much longer than I could before.

I still have a ways to go but I am proud of the progress I've made so far.  I'm trying to take one step at a time and not get discouraged when things don't happen immediately.  I'm planting seeds that will blossom eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment