Friday, February 10, 2012

AFAA Group Certification- end of day




Whew!  I made it through the group fitness workshop today.

I think I did okay.  I'm about 85% sure that I will pass the practical part.  (Damn that pessimistic side of me!)
I was a little nervous during the individual presentation and fumbled some words a little bit, but it seemed like quite a few people did that also. I feel like I did pretty well during the group strength tests, at least I hope. It is hard to know because the judges don't show any facial expression. If I messed up anything, I think my toes overshot my knees once during my squat and I think she saw me. There were two judges for 34 people though, so really, I would guess they couldn't stare at each of us for very long.

About 19 people in my group showed either plank or push-up, so by the time that was over I was pretty darn tired, as was the rest of the group. I'm hoping that they kept that in mind towards the end.

I feel like I passed the written test, no problem. There were only about 5 questions that stumped me and you're allowed to miss 20.  I studied for about 2 months beforehand and she reviewed a lot of the info that she knew would be on the test.

In 4-6 weeks I should know the results.  I sure hope it is sooner rather than later! 

I am planning on posting more about it soon, but for now I just need a steaming hot bath and my bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment